Plastic-Wax Dolder Bar InstructionsPREAT Corporation
Preci Bar (Dolder) System
Using the Plastic-Wax Patterns
Regular size Dolder (rigid)
Mini Dolder Bar (resilient)
1. Make a model and wax-up the post copings or crowns. For implant constructions, the implant analogues must be provided with plastic or castable metal cylinders.
2. Cut the Plastic-Wax pattern to the exact length and place it between the abutments.
3. You may bend the patterns by placing them in warm water; however, the patterns must not be deformed. Cool off in cold water if necessary.
4. If you wish to provide the pattern with an additional sprue or vent, this must be done at the tissue side of the bar.
5. Cast the construction in a hard alloy.
6. Finish after casting, and polish as usual. Do not remove too much material from the bar.
7. Place the corresponding Dolder Riders on after finishing and polishing the casting. Block out any undercuts, and polymerize the riders in to the prosthesis.
8. Adjust retention after finishing the prosthesis.