Spring 2019 Course Recap:
Removable Partial Dentures and Attachment Alternatives
Presented by Chris Bormes, MICOI
Didactic review of theory of case design of removable partial dentures. The most common attachment connectors will be covered, as well as indications and contraindications for various attachment systems. Technical tips, troubleshooting, and common questions will be covered.
- Learn different options for treating partially edentulous patients
- Rationale in choosing the proper precision attachment for each case based on specific patient parameters and limitations
- High-level technical tricks and tips to using each different attachment system discussed.
Servicing Overdentures: Restore Retention, Reline Review, and More
Presented by Ruben Arebalo, VP & Senior Technician
Join in a review of the many problems clinicians and their patients experience with overdentures. Discuss why these problems happen and the alternative solutions available. Learn different techniques for chairside attachment pick up and relines. Discover how to prevent overdentures from being “locked in” and how to resolve an overdenture if it occurs.
- Troubleshooting techniques for complaints about lack of retention
- Determine when relines are necessary and the steps necessary
- Prevent overdentures from “locking in”
- Determine which attachment best fits the patient’s specific needs
Tips and Protocols to Restore the Terminal Dentition
Presented by Dr. Jeremy Lansford, DMD, MAGD & William “Butch” Houghton
The speakers will discuss Lips, Tooth, Ridge (LTR) classification as well as describe tips and protocols for the appropriate restoration for each LTR classification. Helpful clinical tips will be presented with clinical cases.
- Understand the different LTR classifications and how to identify them
- Understand the appropriate restorative options for each LTR classification
- Understanding the value of Gothic arch tracings in restoring large implant supported prostheses
- Discuss tips and lessons learned from clinical cases of the presenters in restoring the terminal dentition
Treating Orofacial Pain in Your Practice
Presented by Dr. Daniel Lapidus, DDS
A brief review of TMJ symptoms, reviewing the demographics, anatomy, common diagnoses, their identification and treatment. There will be a focus on temporomandibular joint dysfunctions and issues affecting the muscles of mastication.
- Better identify TMJ conditions, myofascial pain, red flag conditions, and the best treatment protocols for each including: physical medicine options, splint therapy, and more invasive treatment options
- Increase the ability to diagnose and treat common orofacial pain conditions in your practice