- DuraTec™ Titanium Carbon Nitride Coating is aesthetic, harder, and more wear resistant.
- Convenient all-in-one packaging.
- Dual retentive surfaces for engagement & narrower coronal geometry for easier seating of the overdenture.
- Industry standard .050″/1.25mm* hex-drive mechanism.
- 50% increase in pivoting capability to 60° between implants.
Primary New Features of the LOCATOR R-Tx System
1. EASIER DENTURE SEATING WITH PIVOTING TECHNOLOGY
The magic of LOCATOR® has been that the Nylon Retention Insert pivots within the Denture Attachment Housing during insertion/removal, resulting in a resilient system that has allowed patients to seat their overdenture without damaging the components, even in the presence of divergence or convergence between implants.
Patented modifications to the Denture Attachment Housing now allow the Housing to pivot up to 30° over the seated LOCATOR R-Tx Nylon Retention Inserts to treat a maximum of 60° convergence/divergence between implants, eliminating the need for pre-angled abutments.
2. NARROWER CORONAL GEOMETRY
The dual engaging geometry of the Abutment covers a narrower leading edge and taper-like effect to allow the patient to more easily align and properly seat the overdenture.
3. PRACTICAL DENTURE ATTACHMENT HOUSING DESIGN
Horizontal grooves and flats resist vertical and rotational movement, and a channel inside the top of the Housing enhances pivot range of motion. New pink anodization improves aesthetics in areas of thin denture acrylic.
4. EFFICIENT ABUTMENT/INSERT ENGAGEMENT
The Nylon Retention Inserts now engage dual retentive surfaces on the exterior of the Abutment. No internal engagement prevents debris and plaque accumulation within the drive mechanism from impacting proper seating of the overdenture.
5. NEW RETENTION INSERT DESIGN
Improved design resists edge deformation. Simplicity is also top of mind – the system utilizes only one set of Retention Inserts with straightforward retention values – Zero, Low, Medium, High.
NEW LOCATOR R-Tx® Limited Range Inserts are intended for patients with 10 degrees or less of implant divergence. In these cases, the Limited Range Inserts provide a tighter, more secure fit for patients wanting more stability!
6. CONVENIENT ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGING
Custom designed all-in-one, double-ended vial separately holds Abutment and Processing Components providing all the necessary components for the case with one part number.
7. CUSTOM RETENTION INSERT TOOL
Dual-sided tool for easy insertion and removal of the LOCATOR R-Tx™ Retention Insert. Metal Slot Feature on the back of the Tool Handle allows the clinician to disengage a Retention Insert without the risk of tearing gloves.