The PRECI-52 spherical attachment is a small, universal joint connector allowing vertical and hinge movements.
Two different types of attachments are available: PRECI-52 U (Mini) and PRECI-52 S (Standard).
The female is made of burn-out plastic for casting with extremely hard alloys. The stainless steel male is a reversed spring-loaded connector allowing adjustable retention. Compatible and may be used to service existing ASC52 cases.
PRECI-52 U (mini)
Total height female 4.60 mm
Total width female 2.80 mm
Ø male 1.55 mm
Total height male 3.80 mm
Total width male 2.80 mm
Total length 7.80 mm
PRECI-52 S (standard)
Total height female 4.80 mm
Total width female 3.40 mm
Ø male 1.70 mm
Total height male 4.10 mm
Total width male 2.65 mm
Total length 8.60 mm
- Determine the path of insertion of the prosthesis.
- Use the 1551 P (U – Mini ø 3.15 mm) or 1556 P (S – Standard ø 3.40 mm) paralleling mandrel to position the females.
- Incorporate the 1561 (U – Mini ø 3.15 mm) or 1566 (S – Standard ø 3.40 mm) female(s) into the wax-up of the crowns on the alveolar crest, as close to the gingiva and the abutment teeth as possible.
- Reduce the top of the back-plate of the female, if necessary.
- Use a core investment to invest the crowns.
- Cast and devest the crowns, and finish the females inside only with glass beads (low pressure).
- Insert the crowns with the females on the model dies.
- Press the male into the female (the top of the male should rest on the occlusal surface of the female). To ensure a better support of the partial denture, the male should be at a distance of approximately 1 mm from the gingiva at the top end of its rotation.
9. Fix the housing on the retentions of the frame using an adhesive resin.
10. Unthread the 1563 (U – Mini ø 3.15 mm) or 1568 (S – Standard ø 3.40 mm) inner male part and remove it from the housing using the 1570 star-shaped screw-driver.
11. Thread in a 1564 universal processing plug (Mini & Standard) to prevent plaster or resin from flowing in during ulterior processing phases.
12. The processing plug will hold the housing in its correct position during curing.
13. After curing, finishing and polishing, unthread the processing plug and thread in the 1563 (U – Mini ø 3.15 mm) or 1568 (S – Standard ø 3.40 mm) inner male part using the 1570 star-shaped screw-driver.
REPLACING A PRECI-52 MALE PART
1. Unthread the 1563 (U – Mini ø 3.15 mm) or 1568 (S – Standard ø 3.40 mm) internal male set using the 1570 star-shaped screw-driver.
2. Thread a new 1563 (U – Mini ø 3.15 mm) or 1568 (S – Standard ø 3.40 mm) internal male set into the male housing using the 1570 star-shaped screw-driver.
REBASING/RELINING A PROSTHESIS WITH PRECI-52
1. Apply impression material to the tissue side of the prosthesis and bring the prosthesis manually into centric occlusion.
2. Unthread the 1563 (U – Mini ø 3.15 mm) or 1568 (S – Standard ø 3.40 mm) internal male set using the 1570 star-shaped screw-driver.
3. Thread the 1564 polymerization plug into the internal threading of the male housing.
4. Pour a model in stone.
5. Reline as usual using a reline jig or flask.
6. Finish the acrylic of the prosthesis.
7. Unthread the 1564 polymerization plug from the male housing and replace it with an1563 (U – Mini ø 3.15 mm) or 1568 (S – Standard ø 3.40 mm) internal male set using the 1570 star-shaped screw-driver.
8. Place the prosthesis.
9. If necessary, adjust the retention of the male part by holding the spherical male with an instrument and by tightening or loosening the small retention nut using the1570 star-shaped screw-driver.