Dolder Bar by Dr. E.J. Dolder of Switzerland. Bar and sleeve attachment for retaining removable partial dentures and overdentures. The pear, or ovoid, shape is used for a resilient prosthesis. The U-shape is for a rigid or non-resilient prosthesis.
Benefits of the Preci Bar System
- The U-shaped (rigid) is abutment supported for maximum stability and strength.
- The pear shaped (resilient) is the most tissue-born bar available, as it allows for both vertical and rotational movement.
The Preci Bar may be soldered to post copings, implant abutments, or crowns of precious or semi-precious alloys. The Plastic-Wax Preci Bar may be cast with any dental alloy, including non-precious. The Plastic-Wax bar is cast directly with the abutments. The following instructions detail use of the pre-fabricated precious metal Preci Bar.
Preci Bar (Dolder) Components
Using the Plastic-Wax Patterns for the Preci Bar (Dolder) System
Regular size Dolder (rigid)
Mini Dolder Bar (resilient)
- Make a model and wax-up the post copings or crowns. For implant constructions, the implant analogues must be provided with plastic or castable metal cylinders.
- Cut the Plastic-Wax pattern to the exact length and place it between the abutments.
- You may bend the patterns by placing them in warm water; however, the patterns must not be deformed. Cool off in cold water if necessary.
- If you wish to provide the pattern with an additional sprue or vent, this must be done at the tissue side of the bar.
- Cast the construction in a hard alloy.
- Finish after casting, and polish as usual. Do not remove too much material from the bar.
- Place the corresponding Dolder Riders on after finishing and polishing the casting. Block out any undercuts, and polymerize the riders in to the prosthesis.
- Adjust retention after finishing the prosthesis.